Happy Holidays!

Aloha everyone. Another weekend is here and that means giving another Beate's Weekend Challenge a try. I have a project underway, well actually just started, where I am making cards to send to the children's hospital down the road for the holidays. I decided to use this challenge to try and create the card I will be mass reproducing for this project. The sketch seemed simple enough but held lots of potential. Be sure to check out the sketch challenge by Beate and her other creations.

Because I will be making more of these I decided I had to limit myself to only the supplies in my two duffel bags. I had to resist the urge to head out to the LSS and get new stuff! So this is the card that I created. I wanted to keep it holiday neutral so I stuck with Happy Holidays. My card base is a 4 1/4" x 9" piece of white card stock folded in half. I started by cutting a 1" circle out of white card stock (this is where I wanted to run to the store and by a larger circle punch) and stamping a snowflake from the Made From Scratch stamp set in Archival Teal. I layered that on a piece of black card stock and cut around the edges with Scallop Scissors from Provo Craft to give it that fluffy effect.

Next I cut out a 4" x 2 3/4" piece of white card stock and a piece of green card stock that is 1/4" smaller than the white. I decided to stress the edges of the green card stock (I also wanted to run out here and get a stressing tool) with a fingernail file and my fingernail to give it that fabric look. I layered these two and used a glitter gel pen to do faux stitching around the green. I adhered the card stock layers to the left side of a 4 1/4" x 4 1/2" piece of red card stock. I then used the corner rounder and rounded two corners of the opening of the card. I then adhered the snowflake and tied a small red bow to attach to the bottom. Lastly I used a gel pen to write Happy Holidays on white and then layered on red card stock for the sentiment and added a button to the opening of the card.

1 Shack Opinions:

Anonymous said...

Crystal,
Your card looks wonderful. I love your faux stitching and the colors you chose!
Thanks so much for playing with the sketch! Have a great weekend.
Hugs and smiles