Simple but Sweet

Today's Sketch challenge at SCS was to use an inverted square which is so fun! I always invert my squares to add a little flair. As a matter of fact two of my Christmas cards have inverted squares but I can't post them because then the family might see what they are getting! Anyhow this is my creation.

I started out with a 4 1/4" x 9" piece of purple card stock folded in half. I have a ton of scrap pieces that I desperately needed to get rid of so I decided to use only scraps to make this card. I cut a 2" square from basic white and then randomly cut strips from blue and purple card stock to fit the square. I began weaving the strips together to create the inverted square as my focal point. I had a piece of the turquoise that fit perfectly and then cut a piece to fit from green card stock to go on the background. I adhered those with glue to the background and then attached the weaved square. I added two light green brads to the bottom left corner, rounded the corners with my corner rounder and added a strip of white ribbon down the green strip. Lastly I used a blue gel pen to write Simple but Sweet on Basic white, used scissors to scallop the bottom and attach to the weaved square. I really like how this one turned out.

For a little personal info, I just got my first real job, well only part-time, since moving to Hawaii. I am a student writer at the Public Relations office for the University. I am really excited about making some money! Although it does cut into my stampin and scrappin, ummm I mean my personal time :) but it will fund my habit...I mean, my hobby :)

0 Shack Opinions: