I'm finally settled...sort of.

Helllllo everybody! It has been a long time since the last post. Things have been so crazy. Have I told you that I hate moving???

We left NC on Saturday morning and it took us 2 days to drive out west. Our first night we staying in Columbia, MO which turned out to be a nice town. We passed through Chattanooga, TN, Paduchah, KY, and St. Louis, MO, before arriving in Columbia. This drive wasn't so bad...probably because I went to sleep 3 times or so. We bunked at the La Qunita Inn which is a plus for anyone who has pets. They are very pet friendly and do not charge any additional pet fees. The next day was a nightmare. We headed west through Kansas City, MO and into Kansas. If you have never driven through Kansas, don't bother. There was nothing to see along a never-ending road. I have never been so bored out of mind. If you are making the drive out west, I highly suggest taking 40 along the southern route; much more to see and do.

So, we arrived in Denver last Sunday and had the pleasure of staying with Brian's aunt, Susan. Before we left NC we found out Susan lived within walking distance of the apartment we were applying for. How crazy is that but wasn't that nice of her? Her house was lovely and we had a chance to check out the neighborhood before we actually home-steaded.

We were finally approved and moved in to Village at Bear Creek on Tuesday. The apartment is so nice! It is definitely an upgrade from our Hawaii closet. Plus, we have a nice brick fireplace for the cold winter nights...and days. The complex comes complete with 2 swimming pools, hot tub, and exercise room. You heard me right, Rain...a workout facility less than 5 minutes away. I can't wait to get in there and get the ball rolling again.

My Mom stayed with us until today. While she was here we were able to get some things for the apartment. We found a very unattractive couch at a thrift store but it sat well so we bought it for 40 bucks. As luck would have it, we also found a Linen's and Things that was going out of business so we found a very cheap sofa cover. Now we have a pretty couch. My Mom had been collecting things for the 2 years we were in Hawaii so thanks to her, I now have a fully stocked kitchen. By the way...the kitchen is big, so now I am more than motivated to cook again. I had a small dining room table that I purchased years ago but never got to use. All in all, we are set with everything except a chair for the living room and all the bedroom furniture. We don't have a bed yet so we are bunking on an air mattress. It doesn't really bother me seeing as how we slept on the floor for 2 years. I am very pleased with our living quarters.

Shrek is more than pleased as well. He is loving the room to run around and the soft carpet to lay on. We bought him a new doggy bed that has NASCAR flags on it since Brian is a NASCAR fanatic. He loves it so much he won't hardly get out of it. While we were in Hawaii, Shrek lived with my Mom but he was an outside dog. I thought I was going to have problems with potty-training him again but so far, he has not had one accident in the house. I am so proud of my baby! Most people will say that dogs wouldn't remember someone after being away for 2 years but I must disagree. The way Shrek acts around me makes me think he actually does have some faint memory of those years we spent together.

Since this post is getting so long, I believe I will wrap it up. I have some pics to post as well as some sight-seeing to talk about. I have begun my job search so I will keeping everyone updated with that as well. I also have some interesting observations about living a mile high that I can't wait to tell you about.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 Shack Opinions:

~Michelle~ said...

YAY for you! Glad you made it out West safe and sound....will be watching for the pictures!!

Denver said...

Hi Crystal,

Welcome to Colorado. Do you have a job yet, or are you still looking?

Denver PR Blog