Criss-Cross Card

Yesterday's Challenge was to create anything as long as it had a pocket. How fun does that sound. I had seen Beate's tutorial for the Criss-Cross card and thought I had to give it a try and it fit perfectly in the challenge.

Earlier in the week, Monday to be exact, I purchased Fiskars Texture Plates and I just had to try them out. One of the plates was the stone look so I decided to create a Christmas Chimney. I used the texture plate one a piece of red card stock cut out in the shape of the chimney. I added a few things to it and I had a Christmas chimney. Problem is, I didn't really want to put it on the front of a card. When I saw the tutorial I thought this would be great to make and put the chimney as the insert. Worked out great.

When I found out how easy and cute they were I decided to make another to give as a Christmas gift. I used basic card stock for most of it. I used Christmas paper as the patterned paper and a ribbon wrapped around instead of the sleeve. The Made From Scratch stamp was inked in Archival Teal and was used on the insert for the second card. I think they turned out great. It really gives you a great twist on the typical card. Be sure to check out the tutorial and give them a try.

0 Shack Opinions: