Celebration

The Sketch Challenge at SCS this past Tuesday was great. I loved this design and I am so glad I gave it a try. I felt a little more inspired to create this card because I had just purchased a new paper pack! Go HERE and check out the design if you want. I think you will enjoy it too.

So here is the card I created. Isn't it cute? I am so proud that my second card came out this great! To check out all the cards that were created in this challenge go HERE. The ladies of SCS did a fabulous job!

So, I started off by creating my 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" card base in a dark green color of card stock. I then layered it with a complimentary purple-bluish color. This layer is about half an inch smaller than the base card. I used glue to adhere these together but you can use what ever you prefer.

The next layer is striped paper from Paperbilities Vacation paper set. I loved these colors and I think they go very well together. The tiles are approximately 2 1/8" x 1 1/2". I made them smaller to allow the second layer to show through. I then adhered these to the second layer with glue.

The middle green square is cut from the same green color as the base card. It helps to break up the card a little, or so I think. It is 2" square. I used a pattern to cut this out, but I know that some have punches that will punch this big :)

Now for embellishments...The Fun Part! The present in the middle of the square is a die-cut using Sizzlits present-polka dot. Very cute! I cut it out in a teal color that would really pop. The white pieces are just the cut outs of the gift flipped over to reveal the white side :) Easy enough. A small red button is attached the top left panel. The tag was created using the Sizzlits Small Tag set (a great set!) and is in the same color as the second layer. I attached the tag with a small brad.

And Wha-laa...Done. A very cute card with tag ready to go. You can add a sentiment later when you decide who you want to give the card to :) This was such a fun challenge. You should definitely give it a try. What made this extra special is that I had people actually favorite this card! And it was only my second!

0 Shack Opinions: