Small Gift Box

Aloha!!! Ever wanted to just stop buying gift boxes for all those tiny gifts that you send out? I know I have. It is often very difficult to find the right size or ones that are cute enough that you would actually put your name on :) Well, I gave it a try and created my first nugget box for the inpiration challenge provided by SCS. You can view that challenge HERE.

This is too cute and makes a great gift box for chocolates **hint hint** I am not going to go into a lot of detail about how to create the box. Instead I am going to point you in the direction of Lori's great tutorial. She does a fabulous job explaining.



So here is the nugget box I made. I apologize for the photo. It was dark and the camera was not cooperating :) I bet none of you have ever had that problem ;) The paper to make the slip is a pink marble and the paper to create the box is a think brown with the same texture as cardboard. Very strange paper. I got it in a pack and finally found something to use it with! The tag is made with the Sizzlits Small Tag Set and it says Friends. The yellow strip of paper has one of my favorite quotes: "Remember the most beautiful things in the world are the most useless; peacocks and lilies for instance." That was said by a brilliant man (at least I think so) by the name of John Ruskin.

I plan on putting a small keepsake in the box to send to a dear friend back in Kentucky. I would love to put chocolates but I think by the time the package moves from Hawaii to Kentucky, there wouldn't be anything left but a mess :) Anyway, the point is you can put anything in here. It would make a great handmade box for jewelry (although I don't know if your Husband would want to take the time to learn).

Definitely visit Lori's tutorial and give this a try. I am sure you will be surprised at how easy it is!

0 Shack Opinions: