Let's Shake Things Up a Bit

Aloha everyone!!! Like I said earlier I got my first set of Stampin Up stamps. So today I am going to share with you my first card ever made showcasing those cute SU stamps. In the SCS resources there is a tutorial for the cutest SHAKER CARDS. This is a great twist on your everyday average card. Be sure to check out the tutorial and of course, Beate's other work :)There is a link to her blog on the left side of my blog.

This is the Shaker Card that I made..."Thinking of you" is the title. Cute yea? I started out with the 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" card and covered the front with a designer hearts paper that was darling. The frame is a basic cream cardstock approxiamtely 4 1/2" tall x 3" wide and is broke apart so that the outside of the frame is on the card and the inside of the frame is elevated. There is a smaller frame that is pink cardstock as a border.

The stamp is the heart from the Made From Scratch stamp set stamped on the back part of the shaker card. There is a pink flower attached to the top right of the shaker frame and a white button as the flower center. The sentiment was written with a colored pencil and reads Thinking Of You below the stamp. The shaker material is silver glitter. For more specific directions please go to the tutorial above. It will make more sense after reading that :) This card was so much fun. If you want to see all the shaker cards made by the wonderful SCS talent, visit HERE

1 Shack Opinions:

Crissy said...

Cute card! This is one technique I've been wanting to try, but haven't yet!