Accordion Scrapbook

Aloha! Happy Labor Day Weekend! I hope you are taking advantage of all those great sales that are going on :)

As I come across things that catch my attention my immediate thought is~well, how can I use that or who can I give it to. I'm sure this is the thought process that most of you follow. I came across an accordion-style scrapbook on the Exploring Womanhood Website that was just too cute and I just had to give it a try. We had been searching for such a tutorial on SCS and this was the one we came up with.

This is the cover of the accordion. I started out with 2 sheets of Cream Card stock from the AMERICAN TRADITIONS paper pack and 1 sheet of Blue Card stock from the same brand. Fold each of these sheets in half, unfold, then fold in half the other direction, unfold and then fold so that one corner meets the opposite corner (only do one corner) and unfold. You now have smaller squares within the larger sheet.

Next I took 2 pieces of chipboard and cut each to be 6" square. I adhered one sheet of Hearts designer paper to one piece of chipboard. I then attached a 1" square strip of tan card stock over the designer paper and used my Made from Scratch stamps to create a cute border. There were inked with Pink Pastel. With the 2ND piece of chipboard I covered with a piece of hibiscus paper locally made here in Hawaii. This first piece will be the front cover of the album and the second will be the back cover.

Next I folded up my album to create the 6" x 6" square. I adhered the chipboard to the appropriate sides to create the album. To embellish I took 2 pieces of green plaid paper, 2 sheets of pink plaid paper, 1 sheet of silver designer paper and 1 sheet of gold stars designer paper and cut them into triangles to fit the outside squares of unfolded album. I used a gel pen to write quotes about grandchildren around the edges of the designer papers.

I haven't added photos yet but you can adhere your photos in the four middle diamond/square shapes. These are the sqares that are not folded when you fold up your album. I am going to get photos of my cousin's and place them in the middle and give this to my Aunt as a Christmas gift. I think she will love it. For a more complete tutorial visit the Womanhood website link above.

0 Shack Opinions: