Flip Flop Tote

Aloha everyone, Well I said I wasn't going to be working on anything because it is the First Day of College Football but I couldn't resist. I want to spotlight a very talented lady today. She was the inspiration for the tote I created. LESLIE'S BLOG is a great place for inspiration and her work is absolutely beautiful. It was on her blog site that I found the tutorial for the handmade tote. Please go check out her site and comment on her awesome work. I'm sure she would love it.

Now back to the tote. This is such a great idea and makes a fun gift for any occasion. You can find the detailed instructions on Leslie's blog but I am going to tell you guys what paper and products I used. I wanted my tote to have a local flavor to it:) All the paper I used came from AMERICAN TRADITIONS Beach Paper Pack. The tote is made from basic pink card stock. The outside panels were created using the Pink Flower paper. I added a 1 3/4" wide strip of baby blue card stock with a cute flip flop border. The ribbon is a lime-green with pink flowers.

Like I said, this project is too cute. The tote is made to fit between 4 and 6 cards. There are 2 awesome things about this project: 1) you have enough card stock left over to make coordinating cards to go in the tote and 2) it takes less time to make than creating the card itself. Definitely give this a try and let me know if you do. I would love to see your creations. If you want to see other great totes visit the SCS TOTE GALLERY.

1 Shack Opinions:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely darling! So cheery and fun! Love the paper--so cute with the flowers and the flip flops. I'll bet this will be an adorable set with the matching cards. Thanks so much for sending the link and for your nice remarks. I love seeing all the different totes!