Country Bumpkin

Aloha and Good evening! This is going to be a busy weekend! The opening game for Hawaii is Saturday against Northern Colorado so I decided to hurry and finish the weekend challenge soon! This card was created for a Beate's weekend sketch challenge. The sketch was too cute and I had to give it a try.

Here is the card I created. Falls shy of Beate's fantastic work but I think it came out great. After all, I am still a beginner :) I saw the pinwheel technique on a post at SCS although I am not sure who posted it. I decided to give it a try as the sidebar for the card. The pinwheel takes 8 tags to make the wheel. I used two different colors of paper-Paperbilities Polka-Dots and plaid. The tags were the cresent shape from the Sizzlits Tag Set. These are on the small side but make a great addition. If you want complete directions for this pinwheel leave a comment and I will be glad to send them to you.

The base is a Basic Green color. I added a strip of Basic Red that measures 2" x 5 1/2". This was stamped with Delightful Doodles Leaf stamp from Stampin' Up that was inked with Teal Archival. I used cropping scissors from Provo Craft to create the semi-circle in Basic Blue and then layered that on a slightly larger semi-circle of Basic White. This was adhered on top of the red layer.

I then used a gel pen in metallic blue to create faux stitching along the top and bottom of the red layer and along the white circle (which you can't really see in the photo, sorry). I used red ribbon to attach a tag in the same plaid paper to the top. The ribbon is wrapped around that top corner and adhered to the back of the green. I used glue dots to attach three blue buttons along the semi-circle. Lastly, using the gel pen I scribbled country bumpkin between the leafs.

There you go. This is probably the most detailed card I have made so far. I hope you enjoy the card and give it a try! Especially the pinwheel-there are endless possibilities for that one! FYI-I also posted this in the GALLERY at SCS if you want to check out all the cards featuring Beate's challenge.

Mahalo!!!

3 Shack Opinions:

Anonymous said...

Great card!
Thanks so much for trying out the sketch!
Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card!! Love what you did with Beate's sketch!!

Shannon McGann said...

This is great! What an eclectic card! It turned out fabulous!