Another Sketch Challenge

Last Wednesday's sketch challenge at SCS was devoted to a holiday card for a someone that is sending cards to troops. All paper is from Paperbilities with the exception of the gold designer paper from a 6" x 6" paper pack. I started with a card base 4" x 8" folded in half and rounded the corners. I then stamped the snowflake from Stampin Up! Delightful Doodles set in Archival Teal on a piece of white then rounded the corners. I layered that on a piece of red and rounded two opposite corners to give the shape of a Christmas ornament and added a green brad to the center then set aside.

I cut a piece of gold designer paper and rounded the corners then tied a piece of blue ribbon around the middle. I used Rhonna Ferrer flourishes stamp set inked in Versamark Black to stamp third generation flourishes on the dp. I adhered that to the card base. I then cut a piece of green 3 3/4" x 1" and used my corner rounder to scallop the edges. I used my Archival Teal to ink the edges. I then cut a piece of basic white 3" x 1/2" and used toilet tissue and the Archival Teal to sponge the white just to tone down the brightness. I layered the white and green then adhered it to the card. I used a blue gel pen to doodle faux stitching along the white.

Next I used dimensionals to adhere the snowflake stamp to the middle of the card. For the sentiment I used a green gel pen to write Happy Holiday on a piece of basic white and then layered that on the dp and drew faux stitching around the edges.

0 Shack Opinions: