True Beauty

This past Saturday at SCS was a W-I-L-D one! I participated in my very first virtual scrapbooking night which was a preview par-tee for an even larger night coming in November. I didn't know what to expect but I had a lot of fun. While scrapping I was able to chat with other people working on their pages and share inspiration and stories. It has been great getting to 'know' the people at SCS. They are a great bunch! I thought I would share one of the pages that I completed for the challenge.

The page is 6x6 and is the start of a small ABOUT ME album that I have been wanting to do, if for no other reason than to laugh at myself in a few years. The sketch actually came from the sketch challenge by Beate. I LOVE hibiscus plants. They are by far my favorite flower, especially the pink ones. I may have grown as em mountain folk but I sure do love me some hibiscus'. My friend swears that I should have been an island gal :) I might have to agree if I didn't like snow so much! Anywho, these are 2 photos of that beautiful flower mounted first on baby blue and then pink card stock from Paperbilities. For the background I used my Fiskars Texture Plates to dry emboss a flower print. I then added a layer of black with a ribbon wrapped around. I used an alphabet stamp set my wonderful Mom bought me by Hero Arts to stamp True Beauty on white then cut it out and added it with dimensionals. After adhering the photos I added 4 Making Memories brads to the four corners of the black.

I wanted a simple layout and page that really made those hibiscus' stand out. I think I accomplished just that :) As for the journaling, the photos lift up to reveal my thoughts on how I just wish I had a green thumb :) Mahalo for stopping by! I have lots more pages to show you in the next few days!

1 Shack Opinions:

Scrapping Donna said...

This is beautiful! I love the pictures.

I think doing an album about yourself is a great idea.

Donna