Penguins and Snow Men

I don't have much time to post since I am working on my tax returns so I will be quick. Yes, I know. I am way early for my tax returns but we already had all of our information and I hate doing them, so I decided to go ahead and get it over with.

Now, on the Christmas cards. I really liked having all of my cards ready to go by November 15th last year which is why I am doing Lynne's Christmas Card Challenge again this year. I got two new Christmas stamps from the Michael's dollar bin and decided to break them in. For the most part these cards are all similar with tiny details being the exception. I loved the polka-dotted paper from last year and since I am following a strict budget this year, I must use stash as much as humanly possible.

Here is the cute little penguin. I added red ribbon along the middle of the card to break up the papers and turned the image to add emphasis on the main image of the card. Here are all three penguins. Notice the small changes like different hat colors and different ribbons on the card.







Here are the snow men. There are also slight differences between these two cards. I like the snowball-like ribbon and thought it fit well with my snow dudes. We had another challenge added to this month but I finished these cards a couple of days ago (notice my slow uploading time?) so I might get a little creative sometime this weekend and make a few cards using the challenge. I have a busy weekend. Saturday is my sign-ups for Team in Training and I promised my pooch I would take him to the Dog Park. He really enjoyed his first trip last week and I think it is a good idea for him to interact with other dogs.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you like my Snow Dudes and Mister Penguin.

13 Shack Opinions:

AnnMarie said...

These are adorable! Great Dollar finds and you made super cute cards from them! :)

Maria said...

Hey Crystal!! I love the new look of your blog!!! Your Christmas cards turned out fabulous!! I'm starting on my Christmas cards early too. I created a challenge blog for Christmas cards too and if you have the time, stop by and play along too, okay!!!

http://christmasstampin.blogspot.com/

Hope all is well with you!!!

Maria

~Michelle~ said...

fun cards! Using stash is so smart...you go girl!!

You're not early on taxes....we did ours a week ago!! All done for another year!! :)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I love the new blog look! Love your Christmas cards! Ugh, taxes! Haven't even started them yet!

Savitri said...

Hey, nice looking blog here!! Just stopping by to say hellow. Very cute card too!

Cathrine said...

Very cute - what great dollar finds. Its awesome you are starting so early.

Crissy said...

Adorable cards! Love that penguin, he's so cute!

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

These are super cute, Crystal. Love that penguin!

Hugs~Becky

Deep said...

o how cute.so adorable

Regeasy said...

Nice Blog..Feel free to visit my site..TQ

Clipping Service said...

excellent design!
thanks a lot for sharing with us :)

Clipping Path Services said...

Cute cards. Looks funny. Thanks for share.

Clipping Path Area said...

An excellent tutorial, very clear and a fantastic outcome, thank you very much.