Aloha Cheer

Good afternoon!!! Today's challenge at SCS was to try and find a new way to use colored pencils. How much fun is that? I use colored pencils all the time. I love to color and usually color at least a few pages every week. It is very therapeutic and just makes me feel a little happier :) Anyway, head over HERE and take a look at the challenge for today. Browse through those posts and take a look at other pencil creations.

Here is my little card. Spreading a little aloha around :) I started out with a piece of designer paper that had paisley shapes covering it. I got this in a paper pack from Ebay and I really didn't like it because it was just too bland. So I decided to color the paisley designs with red, blue, orange, purple, and yellow colored pencils to give it a lot of color. **I love color** After that was complete I cut out the base-a 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" square of basic red cardstock. I glued the newly created designer paper on top.

Next I got out my Delightful Doodles stamp set and used the flower and stem to create a cute flower design on white cardstock. I used shaping scissors to cut the top and bottom of the white paper. I then glued this on a piece of yellow basic cardstock and tore the yellow at the bottom to rough it up a bit. This was glued at the top right corner.

Next I cut a small 1" square and used a gel pen to write Aloha for my sentiment. I also tore this paper on the top and bottom to add a little something. Glue this on the bottom left corner. I then found a great colorful ribbon and wrapped the ribbon all the way around the card. I took a smaller strip and tied a cute bow and adhered it on the ribbon. Once all this was finished I added the entire design on the top of a white card that measures 5" square.

Too cute and a lot of fun. If you haven't colored in a while, please get out some colored pencils or even crayons! It is a great way to relieve tension. It is also a great way to get your children involved in card making :)

1 Shack Opinions:

Kelly said...

very sweet card i love the colors that you used well done!!