Flower Doodles

Aloha everyone!!! Another card for everyone. This was a sketch challenge for today at SCS with a little inspiration from a fellow stamper. Be sure to check out the sketch HERE. This was the most difficult sketch I have tried. I was a little overwhelmed by all the layers, but what the hay? I decided to give it a try anyway :)

This is what I was able to come up with. My camera doesn't do justice for the colors of the card which is pretty upsetting. I hope you can grasp the concept of the soft colors anyway. I started out with a 4" x 4" card this time because I knew it was going in the mail as soon as I finished. The first layer is a plaid designer paper with shades of green and tan. Very adorable :) The second layer is another designer paper approximately 1" wide and barely overlapping the plaid paper. This one was a silver metallic color. Wasn't sure about it but I think it came out okay.

The third layer is a lovely basic lilac. My dimensions for this layer were pretty small so you can adjust your dimensions for the card size that you use. I used a corner rounder punch to round two opposite corners of the layer. The last layer, the two square pieces, is a neutral color; I used desert tan here. Again these dimensions are pretty small because of my card size so feel free to create your own dimensions for both of these. I used the Delightful Doodle flower stamp to stamp a cute pink flower on the top piece in Pink Pastel Color Box ink. This piece was attached with a small brad. The smaller square has a pretty purple flower and the edges are inked with teal archival ink.

I thought this card came out extremely well. I ended up using it for a sentiment card to send to one of our fellow SCS Ladies...Maddy. She is such a talented artist. If you have time please visit her GALLERY

0 Shack Opinions: