October Monthly Challenge

Hey everyone! I am heading up a monthly scrapbooking challenge at one my online groups. This month's challenge focused on Halloween, of course. Here is the challenge:

Could the theme be anything other than Halloween?! Using the colors of green, purple and/or orange create a 1 or 2 page LO using Halloween pictures you already have from past years. If you're caught up (hardee har har) create a 1 or 2 page LO in anticipation of a Halloween picture you will take this month. Halloween pictures can be pictures of anything from costumes, a party or a really cool Jack-O-Lantern you carved.

I'm adding one more component to this challenge. It stems from me having to move all my punches to a larger drawer. I seldom use them and having to puzzle them into a small drawer was frustrating. As I moved them to a larger drawer it reminded me of all the cool punches I have. So, I'm challenging everyone to dust off and use a punch on the October challenge LO also. Any shape punch you have just tell us what you used. Of course, I didn't have any photos that needed to be scrapped so I left the orange panel for the photos from this year. I am already ahead of the game I suppose.

I think the main reason for this challenge is to get us all back into creating scrapbook LO's. If you find the challenge stifling rather than encouraging feel free to do whatever you want. I want to see us all sharing our LO's each month.

If you're a digital scrapper everything goes except for the punch. Can you create a punch like shape with your digital programs?




And here is my page. Sorry for the mediocre photos. My good camera is on the fritz. Guess that means I know what is on my Christmas wish list. These papers are from Top Line Creations and were a gift from my friend, M-C and I just love them. This is my first experience with TLC and I am loving it.

For the punch part of the challenge, I had to get creative because I think I own 2 punches, a circle and corner. How sad is that? I guess I manage okay. I used my circle punch to create these cute pumpkins. I used markers to draw cute little faces and stems. In this photo you can also see I added a border to the orange photo mat with a marker.

After looking at the page I felt it needed something. I decided to add this cute spider handing from the top of the page. I colored each spider in with markers. I think he is just the cutest. You wouldn't believe it. After I complete this page, for some reason this little guy disappeared. I can't find him anywhere. I guess that is what happens when you keep your scrappin materials in a tote. Oh well, I guess the things made with him will be unique. I finished the page up by adding a matching pumpkin sticker also from the TLC collection. The stamps came from the Dollar Target Bin (another reason I am not too worried about the little guy).

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Halloween is coming up! Do you have your costumes?

Thanks for stopping by!

5 Shack Opinions:

L.A. said...

This was the first challenge I've tried in a very long time. Thanks for posting it! I went digital so didn't use any of my punches.

Hope you find your spider stamp. It adds just the right touch your layout!

Crissy said...

Great layout. That little spider is so cute, I do hope you find it!

Catherine said...

Super cute! Love the DP you used, too!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is "Oh my gosh" CUTE! Your pumpkins are a work of art! How creative and fun. Pure brilliance! I love their little faces. Isn't it great how necessity is the mother of creativity? Thanks for the fabulous inspiration! :O)

Savitri said...

Very cute and great challenge. Yes, I haven't used a lot of my punches or Nestabilities. I guess I get lazy hauling the tools out. Now I'm going to have to :)