Think Pink!

We all know it is National Breast Cancer Month so I though Kimmie's color challenge of pink and brown was especially fitting to try out this month. To go along with the colors I found a little MOJO over at Poetic Artistry and used the Monday sketch. I didn't really have anything pink that I could think of until I saw the Limited Supplies Challenge which was no DP, no hardware, basically only paper. That is when I remembered I could use dies from my Sizzix Sidekick. It was quite a long process to come up with the card but I guess that is what all genius cardmakers have to go through :)

The first thing I did was use my Flower Sizzlits Die to cut three flowers, two in pink and one in desert tan. My card base is a 4" x 8" piece of basic white folded in half and layered with a piece of 3 3/4" brown. Now, I'm not a big fan of browns and I thought it was just too little so I used my Flourishes Stamps from Rhonna Ferrer inked in Versamark Black to make my own delightful DP. :) Next I cut a piece of 3 1/2" x 1 1/2" basic black and distressed the edges and rounded the corners. Next I cut a piece of 4" x 3/4" piece of dark brown and used my corner rounder to scallop the bottom. Next I used the decorative scissors to cut a small piece of pink to layer on the top.

To put it together, I layered a pink and tan flower on top of the black and then added the dark brown scalloped piece. The last flower was laid on top. Lastly I used my small circle punch to punch a pink circle, then layer that on top of first a desert tan teardrop and then a larger black teardrop. To add a few details I added a photo corner to the bottom left using this great tutorial from SCS and used a pink glitter gel pen to doodle faux stitching around the edge of the first layer.

This card will be sent to a lady who is indeed suffering from a very rare form of ovarian cancer. I do not know her personally but I know she is very worthy of lots of cyber love! Mahalo for visiting today. I am 4 CD's away from those calenders I have been telling you about!

0 Shack Opinions: